What is a 510 thread battery?
The 510 thread battery is the main body of the electronic vape pen with a standardized threaded connection that is compatible with the widest range of oil cartridges, wax atomizers, dab tips, and accessories.
Elements of a 510 thread battery
The 510 thread batteries on the market are diverse in appearance, size, color, and function, but they all have the same basic components, such as batteries, coils, vape cartridges, and mouthpieces.
How does the 510 Thread battery work?
Insert the liquid-filled cartridge into the 510 threaded battery, press the power heating coil to burn the CBD/THC oil, and turn it into steam, which is then inhaled by the user through the nozzle.
Reasons for 510 Thread Batteries Not Working
- The battery is dead
This is the most common problem, the 510 thread battery has been drained after a long period of work or if you haven’t used it for a long time.
Solution: Fully charge the battery
- Poor connection between battery and ink cartridge
When you plug the cartridge into the 510 thread battery, you find that the battery doesn’t work when you turn it on. In this case, check whether the thread of the ink cartridge and the thread of the battery are properly connected and screwed in and whether there is an over-tightening state.
Solution: Turn off the battery power first, and use a paper clip to adjust the connection plate, gently pull and push it back, and pay attention to the same level of the battery and the ink cartridge. Restart the battery, if it can work normally, it means it is back to normal.
- The connector is contaminated with foreign objects
After confirming that the connection between the battery and the ink cartridge is normal, you can check whether there are other foreign objects that prevent normal contact.
For example, there are only two inner holes in the ink cartridge, and the liquid in the ink cartridge is relatively thick, which will cause the oil to leak into the threaded area. This substance reduces conductivity, causing the battery and ink cartridge to be connected but not conductive.
Solution: prepare cotton swabs, alcohol, and paper; turn off the battery switch, and unscrew the ink cartridge.
Dip a cotton swab in alcohol and scrub the cartridge coils and battery threads, then wipe again with paper.
- Overload protection is activated
Most 510 thread batteries have a power-off function that will alert you with a light when your 510-thread battery is accidentally overloaded. So when the battery’s overload protection is activated, it can’t be used to prevent the battery from overheating and causing damage or explosion to the device.
Solution: Let your 510 thread battery rest for a while (5-10 minutes), then use it again.
- Charged with a fast charger
Just like cell phone chargers, there are normal chargers and fast chargers. Fast chargers have a higher amperage rate and can charge the battery quickly, but it is very likely to cause damage to the battery and prevent it from working.
Solution: Charge your 510 threaded battery with a normal amperage charger
Can I use any 510 thread battery with any cartridge?
Any cartridge with a standard 510 thread will fit on any standard 510 thread battery. 99% of batteries and cartridges are interchangeable.
Why is called 510 thread battery?
The descriptor for a threaded connection used to connect parts, 510 literally means 10 threads of 0.5 mm each. This threaded connection quickly became the standard for most e-cigarettes and pens, making it easier to use a variety of cartridges and pens.
Pros of 510 thread battery
- With strong compatibility, most 510 threaded batteries and other brands of ink cartridges can be well-matched.
- Lightweight and portable, although it is divided into two parts, the battery, and the ink cartridge, the 510 threaded battery is usually lighter and easier to carry.
- The operation is simple, you just need to press the power button and inhale through the mouthpiece.
- Stealth is strong, cannabis vapor is not as strong as the smell of tobacco nicotine burning, and the smell is not so obvious.
Cons of 510 thread battery
- The function is limited. Generally, the function of the 510 threaded battery will not be set too much, and the voltage of the three gears is heated.
- The battery duration is relatively short. The 510 thread battery is different from the tap pen. The battery capacity of the threaded battery is in the range of 250mah-650mah, and the battery capacity of the tap pen is in the range of 1000mah-3000mah.