What is resin?
Generally speaking, resin is an oily substance secreted by plants to protect themselves from damage.
You can also scrape resin from a marijuana plant, but it’s not the same resin that is packaged in the drugstore.
What is live resin?
live resin is a very viscous concentrate made from freshly frozen hemp.
How is live resin made?
- Step 1: The mature cannabis flower plants are harvested and frozen immediately and subjected to low-temperature extraction with butane hash oil, propane hash oil, hydrocarbons, or other solvents. This step helps preserve the maximum possible terpenes and cannabinoids.
- Step2: After the terpenes and cannabinoids in the plant are extracted, the solvent will be evaporated through the distillation process
- Step3: To ensure that no solvent remains, the processor will send it back to the machine again, lower the temperature and condense it into a liquid and pour it into the prepared box.
The live resin has not undergone drying and curing of the cannabis plant during processing, because the drying and curing process will dissipate the plant’s moisture and chlorophyll, and terpenes and cannabinoids will also be lost.
Due to the processing method of the live resin, the active compounds such as terpenes and cannabinoids are retained to the greatest extent, which also makes the aroma and flavor of the live resin very strong.
What are live resin cannabis products?
The most common product types of live resins are diamonds, sugar, badder/budder, and sauces.
How to store live resin?
Putting it in the refrigerator will best preserve its terpenes and maintain its flavor for a while.
What is rosin?
Rosin generally refers to the substance obtained after the oil secreted by pine or conifer trees has removed turpentine.
Rosin here refers to hemp rosin, which is extracted from dried hemp plants. Many families can even DIY rosin by themselves using a machine and parchment paper, which is easy and convenient.
What is live rosin?
Live rosin is a cannabis concentrate produced from frozen cannabis plants without the use of chemical solvents.
Live rosin is obtained by placing frozen hemp plants in a rosin press and using heat and pressure to extract them from the hemp plants.
How is live rosin made?
- Step1: Freeze cannabis plants for 24-48 hours after harvesting
- Step2: Take out the plant and wash it in ice water, separate the trichomes from the plant and filter, and collect these trichomes with a mesh bag
- Step3: Freeze-dry the material obtained in step 2, so that you will get the bubble hash
- Step4: Extract the cannabinoids and terpenes from the dried material using a heated and pressurized device to make oily live rosin and inject it into the packaging.
What are the hemp products with live rosin?
Typically viscous, buttery, viscous, hard, or waxy, these extracts come in a variety of forms and consistencies, including:
- Freshly squeezed live rosin
- Rosin Bud
- Rosin bud
- Rosin Jam
- Sieved Rosin
How to store live rosin?
Store in an airtight container to extend shelf life to a week for short-term storage.
What are the similarities between live resin and live rosin?
Both live resin and live rosin are made from hemp, and live rosin and live resin are also very similar in name, appearance, and effect.
What is the difference between live resin and live rosin?
The biggest difference between the two is the production method. The live resin uses a solvent, and the live rosin does not use any form of solvent.
Live rosin has less THC content than live resin. The THC percentage of live rosin is about 75% on average, and the THC percentage of live resin can reach between 65% and 95%.
Live rosin usually takes on a creamy amber color after extraction, while live resin looks more like golden honey.
Another notable difference is cost.
Live rosin is more expensive than live resin, because the extraction process of live rosin is more labor-intensive than other solvent-based concentrates, and its extraction conversion rate is lower.
Which one is more suitable for you?
Both live resin and live rosin cannabis concentrates have a unique flavor and cannabis experience. Which one to choose can be determined by your personal preference.
Buy live resin for higher THC content and potency, or live rosin if you’re after a purely natural product.
How to consume live rosin or live resin?
Both live resin and live rosin can be consumed in a similar way and can be experienced in time.
1. Dabbing or vaping.
When using a dab pen or vape pen, we recommend using low temperatures to enjoy the activities.
2. Use a disposable pre-filled vape pen.
Vaping via a disposable vape pen. This is very suitable for friends who want to try it and it is easy to operate and easy to carry.
3. dab rig or water pipes.
Some users like to fill the pipe with cannabis flowers and add the concentrate on top of the cannabis flower.
This method is suitable for friends who can operate dab rigs and water pipes proficiently and can control the dose of concentrate.
All RELEAFY products can be used with your favorite live resin or live rosin, and support customization of tank size and nozzle, welcome to contact us to provide you with high-quality cartridges and disposable vape pens.